View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 12:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
thirteen
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrokahn View Post
Fuck yeah ladies!
Living together 100% killed my marriage.
I was in love with a slob who became my second child and it ruined everything.
Sounds like some of you were living with people you don't like or they hadn't grown up yet and you both weren't willing to compromise?

I love personal space as much as the next person. But I don't mind living with a partner and finding my own space (corner, room) within that larger shared space.

Of course Keith is right in this situation, for the majority of couples. People like spending time together. Partners should help with the good and the bad. If your quality of life isn't getting any better by living with an SO, there may be a bigger issue. It doesn't mean that you need to be interacting 24/7. You can take weekends away on your own or with friends, spend the night elsewhere, have your own hobbies for a few days of the week, etc. so that you can clear your head and have things to talk about. And you need to put in some effort to keep the relationship exciting. I completely understand not wanting to move because your rent is cheap, but if you like someone enough I feel like you'd eventually be willing to make a compromise.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote