View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 10:28 AM   #25 (permalink)
astrokahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Why am I guessing that the vast majority of the votes saying it’s best to not live with the person you are in love with aren’t in love with anyone?

Also, who’s paying $20 a pill for Adderall?

I feel like I’m missing some details, folks.
I’m in love with my boyfriend. I just sent my daughter to college and I have never lived by myself so I want to experience that. For that reason, we aren’t living together nor do we plan to for a long time.

Before, when my daughter lived with me, I didn’t have the mind space to share my very small amount of alone time with another person unless it was mostly on my terms. For that reason, we didn’t live together.

I have three cats, he’s allergic. For that reason, we don’t live together. He has a camper and no way will I live with him in it. For that reason, we don’t live together, it would be a lot more expensive for him also.

We both enjoy the very concept of making time for each other intentionally and we both love each other very much. Living together is not the pinnacle for us, we are really happy with how we are now. There are lots of reasons why it works for some people and doesn’t for others, it’s not for everyone but t doesn’t mean we love each other less because we aren’t making that choice for or relationship.

In my marriage (that ended) it took me years to realize that the ultimate downfall was because we followed the “normal” (as Andrea put it escalator) and just did what everyone says you’re “supposed to do” and in that order, without any thought as to whether or not it was right for us. Moving in was not right for our relationship and it’s not right for a lot of people individually. And that’s ok.