View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 11:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
amnesiac
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I agree with Luisa that "sex people" are better at talking about boundaries and consent. On this episode Chemda said that she wants to learn more about this world, which I think means that she's going to become a sex person too. Chemda is already kinky and open-minded, I think she's going to have a great time in this world once she gets a bit more comfortable.

So many of the guests are sex people, but they get treated like freaks on the show. Kevin Allison, Billy Procida, even Andrea and Emily, anyone who's been to a sex club or party, or tried to be non-monogamous (Myq Kaplan). I hear these people talking about consent, communication, trying new things - exciting things! - and getting judged negatively. As if there's something wrong with enjoying crazy weird sex stuff.

Also, I'm a sex person so obviously when I hear Keith call someone a "fun girl" with judgement in his tone I feel it personally. Doesn't mean judgement isn't happening.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote