View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 07:43 PM   #34 (permalink)
monarch

Physician

Keith is spot on with physicians are universally incompetent.

The government’s expansion to control the type and amount of medications available to the public. Because we all know how to begin and caring government behaves. This is not to mention the increase in cost for medical care with more regulations and paperwork. Just look at the impact of Obama Care’s " never-ending attack on the profession from the government, insurance companies, and lawyers … progressively intrusive and usually unproductive rules and regulations," topped by an electronic health record mandate that produces nothing more than "billing and legal documents" — and degraded medicine.

Most Physicians are incapable of logically thinking and solving real-world problems. They’ve lived a bubble their entire life. The physician path is only possible with Mommy/Daddy paying the way/supporting their time in school as an average student. A four-year party at expensive undergrad school and then off to med school for 3 to 4 years. First-year memorizing basic science/anatomy and does nothing to train or test a person to make logical informed medical treatment. The second year is an overview of the principles of respiratory, cardiovascular and general.

We know basic models/checklists outperform experts especially physicians. So you want to reduce medical costs have an experienced nurse enter responses to questions from patients into an AI type program like IBM Watson to determine the best treatment and medications.
I had my current Neurologist ask me “how long did it take you to realize Dr. X was an idiot.” Dr. X was my previous neurologist, and he was right but forgot to include himself. Because of my infusion treatments were taking down twice by the FDA. They now require an MRI with contrast every six months and blood work. They force you to have an office visit every three months or no refills meds. The contrast with the MRI is poisonous and not necessary.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote