View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 11:20 AM   #14 (permalink)
Blitzgal

I stayed a virgin way too long. I didn't have any particular religious or moral reasons for it - I wanted it to be "perfect," of course not realizing that whatever version of "perfect" that was in my head at the time was terribly naive. Then the longer I waited, the more worried I was that the guy would be totally turned off by my virginity. I finally just got rid of it at 25....the sex was lame and the guy was lame. I'd done a 180 from waiting for "perfect" to just grabbing the first asshole who came along.

But I take too long to do everything in life, I've realized. I'm finally getting married at the age of 41. For marriage, I'm glad I was slow and waited for the right guy. But we definitely overthink sex and I should've been doing a lot more banging than I did - I would've relaxed a lot sooner and found my guy a decade ago. We've known each other since high school but I spent way too much time playing Rapunzel in her tower not socializing and not hanging out anywhere....and yet still thinking that the perfect guy was somehow just going to find me, when I wasn't going anywhere or doing anything.