View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 02:31 PM   #24 (permalink)
DJ Trashy

I keep forgetting how much Keith's family reminds me of my own. Having said that, for some reason very early on I got a mental image in my head about what Keith's dad looks like. I *always* picture him as the dad from American Pie. Try it next time Keith talks about him. I think it works. lol

My dad has been voicing concerns about my Mom's mental state for years. She's always been pretty much an odd character, so sometimes it's difficult to tell. But she's definitely losing short-to-medium term memory. She also constantly brings up things from her childhood and seems to have completely lost track of whether or not she has ever told you something before. Part of dad's response is to get frustrated and a bit short with her. It's a very tricky thing to navigate.

My dad's idea of an inappropriate joke has always been very mild, but he always enjoyed making them in private with close friends. I think mainly he did it just so he could embarrass his even more conservative friend Al (a fellow preacher). My dad really loved to laugh, and it is slightly disturbing that I laugh *just like* him.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote