View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 09:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
Hey_Stoopid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
Mehran likes to talk about some great past for gays and women. Wonder when this was.
That’s not what I think he was saying personally. I think he was more saying the gay scene used to be more fun, more personable, and I agree. Much like straight dating it’s a lot of apps and not a lot of interaction in person which has changed the way we date and even hookup. None of it is personable anymore, it’s hard to just go out to a gay bar and meet someone. When I’ve met people outside of apps I feel I’m able to build a connection for whatever may come whether it be a hookup, friendship or relationship; you don’t get that at all when you’re on an app. I’m younger than Mehran but I’ve noticed big changes in just the past 5 years. As for the women comments, I think his wording is just bad. He wasn’t saying they haven’t struggled, he’s saying that there have been larger than life women figures in the past who had a voice, he feels the women have always had a voice but instead of everyone trying to fall under one umbrella everyone needed to find their own personal voice and take a stand for what they personally want in the women’s movement. I don’t think I worded it much better but I get what he was attempting to say
(Offline)   Reply With Quote