View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 03:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lanfear
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sandiego View Post
Has a single male yet come out to claim inappropriate behavior against a high profile or celebrity female? I assume men, based on our history, have more positions of power in general, yet still that shift in America began to change somewhere around WWII... 1943... 75 years ago. So there should be a great number of powerful and/or wealthy, connected females going way back as well. Is this a current movement about abuse claims an expression of generations of only silenced women? I find the claims / data one-sided. Where are all the men's claims? Thoughts? Are women that pure as a gender? Or men that fallible by design?
A) did you hear about the allegations around Asia Argento abusing a 17 year old? I'm sure there are others

B) you are seriously overestimating the the power and number of females in power. Which is nice of you but still silly.

C) did you ever hear the term toxic masculinity? Or hear mention of 'men can't be raped?' The last few weeks show that society doesn't believe females when they tell their story - take a sec to think about how harsh that is the other way around.

D) trying to reframe the discussion about male abusers into 'but women can be abusers too' is an #alllivesmatter style douche move. But hey maybe you can read the #himtoo stories and find some likeminded people
(Offline)   Reply With Quote