View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 07:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
Coupedeville

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrokahn View Post
In reference to random nudiness:
I was working at a restaurant and one of my male coworkers who I thought was a friend (with zero chemistry of any kind) offered to have a party at his house for my birthday. We were early 20s and a tight knit group of people who liked drinking, so random house parties was normal for us. I assumed he was going to invite all our coworkers.
Showed up, just him. In a towel.
I very awkwardly made an excuse to leave.
Now just imagine if that guy was a big deal in the local restaurant scene, and you got muscled out because a lot of the managers and owners wanted to protect their interests, and people started pressuring you to look for work elsewhere, causing you to compromise your plans and effecting your livelihood. What would be more traumatic, the dude in a towel that you rejected, or the aftermath? This is totally what happened to at least three of the women from the NY Times article, and it pains me that nobody seems to care about it. It's driving me crazy. The women themselves have TRIED to talk about it and everyone keeps assuming that they're 'broken because they saw Louie's penis'. NO. What about the woman who rejected Louie? She didn't see his penis. But she also couldn't get anyone to freaking listen to her. The complete lack of support from the community around these women has gone mostly unaddressed, and trust me, a lot of people involved LIKE it that way.

Last edited by Coupedeville; 10-12-2018 at 07:39 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote