View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 07:46 AM   #30 (permalink)
Yannie

Kentucky

I'm an East Coast liberal, relocated by choice to Lexington, KY about 13 years ago. Yes, it can get tiresome: the Trump supporters, the bible thumping, the unhealthy food. But if you base your opinion of KY on one ill-informed visitor to Dry Ridge (a sad outpost on the barren road between Cincinnati and Lexington) you are just as guilty of knee-jerk prejudice as the people you detest. C'mon, NY liberal millennials. Pull your heads out of your asses, get out of Queens, and see some of the country. Kentucky, along with being absolutely gorgeous, has cities, culture, universities, thoroughbred farms, and a rich history of major contributions to American culture. Lexington has had a gay mayor for 8 years. We were one the first cities in the country to institute a no-smoking ban in bars and restaurants in 2004. Louisville is a big blue ocean in a shallow red state. I know, I know, Mitch McConnell, the Creation Museum, and one crazy skinhead who shot up a Kroger a few days ago. But please, just as I don't judge all of Queens by Archie Bunker, open up your minds to the fly-over states. Your snotty attitude seriously isn't helping things.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote