View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 07:38 PM   #18 (permalink)
Jessica332
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Most people don't believe things will be as hard as people say they will be until they are going through it. This is true with most things not just having kids. They think I will read the books. I will be the prefect parent and have the perfect kid. I remember once my sister and I walked by a pregnant woman in a store. My son who was probably about 1 was crying loudly. After we passed the pregnant woman my sister asked what I thought the pregnant woman was thinking. I said, “she’s thinking my baby will never act like that."

That being said my son was overall a good laid back baby/kid. He slept through the night at 2 months. Did pretty much what I asked him to do. Of course there was still a lot of stress. You worry about things you never thought you would. Then of course there are the teenage years. One minute everything was great and the next minute my sweet little boy was gone. When the ugly would come out or the lies were told that was actually worse then anything I dealt with when he was a baby.

Now that he is 18 and in college the ugly moments hardly ever happen. He lives at home still so the ugliness does still happen sometimes. Overall though my son and I are very close. I love being his mom and I have more happy memories then sad. Do I think being a parent is for everyone? Defiantly not! Do parents have the right to complain when things are hard just because people warned them it would be? Sure they do. Has anyone ever told you something was going to be hard but you did it and you complained about it? Is it that you regret doing this hard thing or you just need to talk about it and move on? Examples of this would be training for a marathon, starting your own business, getting married, moving in with someone…

After all said and done parenting is the hardest thing and most rewarding thing I have ever done. Only time will tell if I ddi it right. Did I complain along the way? Yes, mostly to other parents who gave me advise and told me their experiences.

Chemda I am really not so sure why you acted the way you did towards Lenny.

Last edited by Jessica332; 10-30-2018 at 10:11 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote