View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 08:08 AM   #21 (permalink)
Blitzgal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Squirrel View Post
It seems 90% of the time new parents talk about their kids they have to say something about how no one tells you how hard it is or how much work it is.
I for one was happy when Chemda called Lenny out for acting surprised at how much work a kid is.
During the big baby boom at my office (when 20 babies were born within two years), I can't tell you how many times I got snapped at and lectured to if I was dumb enough to just mention that I was tired, talk about a tv show I was watching, talk about plans I may have. To be clear, I wasn't digging at them or being sarcastic or even talking about their babies at all, but every time it was this huge "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT TIRED IS, I NEVER SLEEP, I HAVEN'T WATCHED TV IN THREE MONTHS, SURE WISH I HAD ALL THAT FREE TIME TO GO OUT." I get it, they were stressed. But some new parents are just insufferable. I'm really glad they all have 8-10 year old kids now and that silliness has gone away.