View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 02:48 AM   #12 (permalink)
iKaloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreydNot View Post
Regarding taking DayQuil when you are sick, I am 100% on Keith's side.

The only opposing argument I can imagine that makes any kind of twisted sense is maybe when you mask the symptoms, your body thinks it's not sick so it doesn't fight the cold as much. Except that it doesn't work that way and it's silly-boos anyway.

(oh well. Send!)
Don't think anybody was arguing that your body is being tricked. Just you, by ignoring what your body is trying to tell you - take a rest.

And there are many downsides of taking drugs like DayQuil. The obvious ones are written on the box itself - side effects.

But here are some maybe not so obvious:
- Feeling better means you'll probably go to work/socialize and spread your disease to other - viral shedding. That's how you give a virus a better chance to create an epidemic.
- Fever is your bodies defense mechanism. By taking DeyQuil you reduce your body core temperature you are actually prolonging your recovery.
- They mess with your gut microbiome, that's why the side effects include diarrhea. Your gut is a crucial part of your immune sistem. When you are sick the last thing you want is to hurt it.

So yes, they make you feel better, but they are far from making you be better. Actually, I would argue the opposite to be true.

I don't understand why Keith is constantly ignoring the facts and pushing this "Big pharma agenda". I know we are constantly being brainwashed by adds but once you stop and think about I don't see how one would still push this point.

In my company if you get sick you are encouraged to work from home, so you don't infect others. This is far better than taking some drugs and coming to work, spreading the disease.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote