View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 03:18 AM   #16 (permalink)
Jenni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
I never had a bird as a pet but if you treat it right honestly how much worse is that compared to a dog or a cat?
Holding either of these in an apartment all fucking day is not a natural behavior.

I mean who knows how he treats these birds if they only let them out once a week to fly but I know bird owners that have big enough cages and let their parakeets out regularly to fly and stretch their wings and actually parakeets in the wild exist in big flocks so having a few of them together is probably a good thing.

So either go crazy on condemning all pets and actually all farm animals as well or admit that we as humans do shit to the environment and as long as we try to make it the least harmful we can it’s kinda ok.

Okay so forgive me for simplifying it but for me its just the difference between flying and walking. You can take a dog to the park or a field and let it run around for hours and that's all its ever wanted to do.

Can you really let a bird fly outside? Like up in the trees. I just don't see flying around the house never seeing the sky as the same thing.

Then again Ive never owned a bird so I don't know what they really need or want from life. I'm sure he knows a lot more than me.

I wont go crazy and condemn all pets because every animal is different. Their needs and history of domestication all change how we should treat them.

Oh and I fully agree that humans do all kinds of shit to the environment and we just need to try our best to slightly reduce our own impact.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote