View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 07:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
iamgrilledcheese
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

I feel like there's a big generational disconnect when it comes to understanding online video games.

The game those students played with the teacher is a pg game, it's not even bloody like an actual shooting game. I'm 27, f, been playing video games since I was 5. Fortnite is a free to play game you can get on most platforms not just Xbox, and most of the time you are being put in a match up against random people you don't know on the internet and the people on your team are random as well. I don't see the big deal with a teacher using video games a carrot on a stick to get kids to finish their homework. Better yet, if this is what your kid is into, why aren't you ever playing with them? Most parents don't give enough of a shit to fake a little interest in what their kids like.

If the teacher had agreed to play GTA with these kids in person I'd be concerned, but over an internet connection? With a harmless game like Fortnite? Nah.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote