View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 01:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Blitzgal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstoriaGirl View Post
At the same time, some people do react to the extreme. There are 16 year Olds that are like "oh my god my grandma made a comment about assuming I'll have kids one day. Look at this breeder culture".

A coworker the other day asked me if I have kids "yet" and then gave me a recommendation about child wellbeing based on something she was experiencing presently. A part of me is like "that's sure an assumption" but then the other part of me was like "no she isn't meaning anything bad by it. She's just trying to connect with me and share her experiences with me as a way of showing she cares"

That's certainly true, and people who sneer "breeder" at people or refer to "shitting babies" are disgusting. Chemda doesn't do that.

Edit: I'm 42, and got married at 41. I'm lucky that my mom has always been the type that just wanted me to be happy, and my brother gave her grandchildren, so she accepted my decision to not have kids years ago and doesn't push. My husband's mother, on the other hand, brings it up every time I see her. We continue to smile and be polite, but at a certain point, when someone has told you 100 times that they've talked it over and decided that they don't want college kids at age 60, it's time to drop it.

Last edited by Blitzgal; 03-28-2019 at 01:05 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote