View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 10:10 AM   #16 (permalink)
Archimedes_Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by g001dfinger View Post
I'm not defending the atrocities perpetrated by the Catholic church (and are we saying there are no predators at Al-Anon?). I just found it odd that the group will immediately jump on anyone that mentions religion or church, but then turn around and say "Take what you want and leave the rest" and "try multiple AA or Al-Anon meetings until you find the one that is comfortable for you". The same rules could be applied to traditional religions. Not all churches of all denominations of all religions teach hate and molest kids. Personally, I'm not religious and not spiritual and I don't attend church (mostly because I find it boring and I think the concept of "God" very unscientific), but I don't immediately demonize anyone that goes to a church. I understand that sometimes people go just for the fellowship and the positive messages. The same way you cannot say all Muslims are terrorists, you cannot say all Christians are gay-bashing, child molestors.
They have one book and it instructs people on how to treat slaves and just how valuable a raped woman is. It’s about the source material. And before you say that’s the Old Testament, the New Testament introduces the concept of eternal punishment.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote