View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 10:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
Enunciated Piffle
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Keith made a great point in Bucho’s GOT thread. These guys took an extra year, TWO years) to make this last season. Rumor has it the writer/ producers Dan and Dave simply rushed through it due to Disney picking the two up to do Upcoming Star Wars flics.

I think there’s some truth to that because in a youtube video, (one of those Did You Like This Last Season) question posed to GOT actors. There’s one with the GreyWorm actor. He makes a snide remark about Dan and Dave rushing to get it done to work on another project. Then he says, “Oops. Looks like my chances of getting a role in a Star Wars film are gone.”

GOT were able to knock out stellar episodes- for years. If the producers were too busy, or the source material not written by George Martin, they should have waited.

Dany spent years developing her character as ‘Not My Father - not the Mad King’. Burning Kings Landing seemed contrary to the foreshadowing of her character. It was poor writing.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote