View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 10:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
Newsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FingerLakes View Post
The only way he gets off is by hate-fucking men who look like the men who remind of the racism and hurt he's experienced in the past? BIG YIKES!

After getting past the initial annoyance of him holding on so tight to details, this episode feels on par with The Studio for how therapeutic it was for the guest to say so many things for what felt like the first time

Big yikes indeed! I'd loooove to hear about how his partner feels about knowing that, even if it was to any degree in jest! So many of the things he said I've thought, but my followup thought is "lol that's wiiiiiild!" - but I'm not a comedian so I don't put those thoughts out there!

He's clearly still holding on to a lot of stuff. I wanted to vom every time he mentioned a "fine honey" - it's on par with Keith talking about slamboxes, such Performative masculinity!!! Girl calm down, no one is asking for that in 2019 (except for the people that you keep finding and fucking, I guess! [emoji2369]

I still do hold onto the comfort of my masculine appearance as a sort of shield against the world - I still see how the world treats femme men and I'm not ready to want to fight or run from people on a daily basis, so I get him there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk