View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 08:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Blitzgal

I feel like old school society actually pretended this didn't happen and the topic was so taboo we just ignored it as it went on right under our noses. And in some ways, old school society felt it was normal for men to be having sex with children, they married them, kept them as concubines, were "mentors" to them (as in ancient Greece). It's modern society that we're finally saying this behavior is wrong and actually talking about it.

Edited to add: His discussion of anger really hit home for me. I was sexually abused by my daycare provider (a woman), and am one of the people above who answered "yes" to the poll. I spent a good 20 years being FURIOUS most of the time. It wasn't until around 7 years ago, age 35 or so, that I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and really learned how much of my anger was a response to my trauma and that it sparked up in moments where I felt powerless and was actually having a panic attack or an anxious response that for me immediately turns into fury.

I hope Troy gets to a place where he's ready to start working through where his anger is coming from, because it's incredibly debilitating to live like that, and when you in the midst of it you don't fully understand how much it's affecting all parts of your life.

Last edited by Blitzgal; 09-03-2019 at 10:00 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote