View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 07:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Scorpion
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
If a singer does a full concert dancing and that's a big part of their appeal I'd rather have them lip sync.
Also you might prefer Madonna lip syncing in concert; she sang live for this years Eurovision and that was so rough that her team auto tuned the hell out of the footage before they uploaded it to her YouTube.

Milli Vanilli didn't lip sync the way these other singers do, their voices were not used for the recording at all it was basically a drag show :-)
I see what you are saying but if it's fine to lip sync why do they lie about it like they do? They lie because they feel disingenuous
Naturally if they were honest about it and say they have a background track to help with sound quality while they don't have the breath while dancing they wouldn't have to feel all fake about it.

Honestly though I go to a concert for entertainment yes but I don't go to a concert for an artist I don't like already. In other words I don't come to concert to hear the CD over big speakers and watch the singer jump all over the stage. I go to hear that artist practice the craft and feel the energy that gives the crowd. I will never go see an artist if I think they are just going to play a studio track, I can do that in my car and save a lot of time and money.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote