View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 09:20 AM   #42 (permalink)
shoebootie
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Well I am at the end of my second week of isolation. I go into town once a week just for a few supplies, and to make sure I drive my car once a week so the battery doesn't die. My mother-in-law has always been in close contact with us, so she's really the only other person I see during this quarantine, and she has thankfully helped me daily by taking my daughter to her house so I can get some work done.

I've baked 3 loaves of bread and am proofing another batch right now.

I'm drinking a lot more. And my dopey ass thought I was getting sick the other day, when it dawned on me "hey dummy you've drank no water and subsist on coffee and alcohol, maybe try some water and see if you feel a difference" and wouldn't ya know... two days of water and no alcohol and I feel like a human again.

So, I'm trying to stick to some core stuff to hang onto my sanity. Get my work done, get some activity in, drink water, talk to a friend. Remembering my OMAT gratitude because I have it very good compared to others. I texted my cousin yesterday and she has the 'rona, her boss has it too. My best friend got laid off from the company she's been with 10 years. This is hard on a lot of us, but I'm glad to have what I have, and glad for KATG and the forums and the technology that keeps us all together.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote