View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 09:20 PM   #67 (permalink)
Scorpion
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
I can understand but I'm pretty sure that happens because your poor wife has already lost her shit a while ago and is sick with worry. You still have to go to work while she is home right? I'd nag you like a crazy person as well.

But feel free to complain about it here, everybody needs an outlet. Safe distant virtual hugs!
I'm 100% with you on this for sure.

But no I'm not going to work anymore. Michigan shut down and I've been lucky enough to be able to still work full time from home. So I'm very fortunate that I haven't taken a pay cut or had to take vacation time. So, I don't want to imply that I disagree with her. When I go out to get prescriptions (thanks Apia) or other needed shopping I get lectures. I know she is scared, I haven't lost it or yelled at her about it yet. It's just hard, I know I have to wash my hands but can I put the stuff I got from the store down first and take off the mask and gloves?

Then she just stares at me. I'm like, 'I didn't get close to anyone, the place was pretty empty. <still staring> Do you want me to change my shirt and pants, wash them? and she says "No, no it's OK." but then she just keeps staring so I'm like 'I'm going to change.'

Just tell me, we don't have to make a big deal about it. I was honestly thinking of it anyway but she doesn't want to push it then it adds to her stress. It's like I want a middle ground I will wash my hands I will do these things, I want her to feel OK saying something. I just don't need a lecture and I would like an opportunity to do it before I'm told to.
Am I making sense?

I know it's all stress related. She is very scared and she should be, a lot of people she loves are in high risk categories. It's very much a real threat to us.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote