View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 01:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
Lanfear
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelwagel View Post
Those aren't the right arguments for the average American. Most don't know and don't care about how 3 teaspoons = 1 tablespoon, 2 tablespoons = 1 ounce, 8 ounces = 1 cup.

They are the same people who complain about learning any subject past fifth grade because "when am I ever going to use it?" They won't use any of those learnings because they are dumb. They either don't care or don't know how stupid they sound oftentimes.
I wonder if Americans are better at using fractions?

Because I took up quilting a few years ago and as that is a very American craft most of the patterns are in inches and I basically had to refresh my basic math skills to figure out how to add quarter inch seams to 5/8 of pattern and I haven’t had to do that in so long.
It’s still deeply illogical to me why you want to do a weirdo measuring system like that but I got it figured out now.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote