View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 09:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
UGrabMyDrumstick
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

In a weird way, it was refreshing and cathartic to hear Keith's frustration, anger, and empathy in this episode. Not because i want anyone to feel that way - I don't - but because it echoes everything I'm screaming internally all the time.

I woke up in the middle of the night last night crying, and I couldn't even articulate to myself why. Like Keith, I deal with world events pretty passively - I do what I can, I'm as active as I can be, I donate everywhere I can afford, but it rarely emotionally troubles me in any kind of acute way. But this is different. I've really struggled with the country I live in this year, and this week really brought it to a head. I just don't know where to go from here, and that's kind of the point in all of this.

So many people in this country have been flagrantly dismissed for so long that nobody knows what to do anymore except scream and yell and finally fight back. And the heartbreaking part that keeps me up all night is that the police and the government simply escalate it instead of for one minute look at the issues at hand and try to objectively solve the problem. These are our employees, these are people who serve us, and they no longer even pretend to care about our wellbeing unless we can personally enrich them in some way. At least 20 years ago they were decent enough to lie to us about it.

Fuck that. Burn it all down.

Also, fuck their cars. To Chemda's point, yes I paid for them, but since it's my money I'd rather it go to a bonfire than to running over black people at protests.

Last edited by UGrabMyDrumstick; 06-01-2020 at 09:41 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote