View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 09:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
littlp
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FingerLakes View Post
I had to take a course in racial sensitivity in college when I was an college. The instructors would give some examples of a situation and we had to say howd we'd respond. One situation was use of the N word. One blond white little 19 year old got really upset. Not crying but her voice was wavering and she was clearly very affected. "I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY SOME PEOPLE GET TO SAY IT AND SOME PEOPLE ARE CALLED EVIL WHEN THEY DO?"

the situation was different but McMuffin Karen reminded me alot of that. Unstable. Completely unrealistic level of emotional reaction to something that has nothing to do with her and making it into a personal attack in order to gain sympathy. But also, a huge bitch missing the forest for the trees. McMuffin Karen sounded like a 15 year old "I waited and waited and waited and waited..." so fucking dramatic. She needs to have her gun taken away from. People don't think she's a hero and now she's paranoid and breaking down in a parking lot ON CAMERA?

fire her ass

Similar but not the same-in one of my social work classes this idiot was talking about the Koran and how sacred it was to certain people “why would you make something so important that if I touch it it ruins everything for you? Why put that kind of pressure on me?” This was an advanced class and as social workers we are supposed to be culturally competent and not say dumb shit like that.

In regards to the Officer crying about her egg mcmuffin-take all of her weapons away and fire her holy shit. Again similar but not the same-I’m a home care social worker who is a type 1 diabetic. You know what I do to make sure I eat even when I’m driving all over the place from house to house? Pack a fucking cooler full of snacks and drinks in case I don’t have time to stop to get food. Lunchables are great quick snacks that can be eaten while on the run. Energy and cereal bars exist...I mean seriously...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk