View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 07:56 PM   #23 (permalink)
Mado
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
And to be clear, all-anger-no-comedy is exactly what those moments should be if that's what's in Keith and/or Chemda's heart in those moments. None of this is a criticism of the show. It's just to point out Bianca shouldn't feel like a dummy for feeling that KATG isn't what she needs in some of those moments.
I couldn't agree more with the above statements.

We adore you Bianca! Don't be embarrassed. Your cry, like Keith's rants sometimes, was cathartic to hear. You expressed feelings that I've had about our world lately that I hadn't been able to make sense of or articulate myself yet. I'm probably not the only one that shed a few tears along with you.

Keith's rants are often cathartic to listen to when I share his opinion, but I have had to skip through until another topic comes up lately. All due respect, I love the show and respect the genuine expression. I too feel the need to yell at the covidiots. Personally, I'd like to explain to them how this pandemic has impacted my loved ones. I'd like to have them restrained and give them a painful PowerPoint presentation and six-hour documentary about the details of each sorrow and death we've endured during this. Believe me, I feel it too.

But these days, hearing those rants just perpetuates my anger. I just can't. It isn't Keith, it's everyone. I'm at once so happy that you are all on the team of safety, ethics, and thoughtful discussion, but I'm too also sensitive for it lately. I feel like our yelling is in an echo-chamber. I feel like no one who needs to hear it is listening. It's overwhelming at times. Like Bianca, it makes me feel more helpless and not any safer. It's just about every podcast I listen to, not singling this show out and I would never want Keith or Chemda to express themselves any differently.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote