View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 08:14 AM   #25 (permalink)
Apia resurrected
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
So, I too felt a little triggered when Keith was yelling.
Normally this wouldn't bother me, normally I find it entertaining and also cathartic. I mean I often want to yell about the same things and hearing Keith do it makes me feel like I did as well, very cathartic. This time I tiered up along with Bianca. A different kind of cathartic release.

My situation now is so stressful I'm on the verge of tears at all times.
I'm on a special assignment for work for 5 weeks in Georgia. Originally the plan was to have them come with me for a period but with COVID going nuts here it means I'm alone and my family is home without me. I'm working or sitting in a hotel 24/7. Trying hard not to get infected. I have 3 weeks to go and it's almost unbearable.
Now add to that I've requested the company to support me on a 2 week quarantine when I return home. I appreciate this so much but it also means 2 more weeks before I see my family again and I'm all alone. Add to that the assignment is greatly stressful in and of itself.
In summary
This assignment is really stressful
I'm alone
I miss my family
I'm doing my best not to die
and I'm a month from that changing.
I also can't really talk to much about this to my wife, I have to consider she is going through much the same thing and is currently essentially single parenting our 10 year old son. I feel like I can't talk about it, this is the first time I've really talked about it. I have a lot of pent up stress.

Thank you Bianca, Keith, Chemda and the KaTG family for listening.
Could you maybe take a covid test instead of isolating yourself when you come back?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote