View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 10:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
guitarrob

The Ellen show

After all the talk of the Ellen show being a very toxic work environment, I thought I would share this first hand account.

When my wife and I lived in Las Vegas, I worked for Zappos, the online clothing/shoe company. I worked in the call center, so we would get calls from literally everywhere and everyone, including famous people and producers/directos. One of which was a representative for the Ellen show.

A little background:
Zappos was famous for next day delivery, but only if you ordered by 1pm pacific time.

About midway through my shift, the production director for the Ellen show called and wanted to place an order for 55 blue raincoats for a skit involving young kids. She called to try and place the order and DEMANDED that the order be shipped next day.
I calmly tried to explain that since she was an hour past the cutoff, there was no guarantee the coats would show up on time. I was then berated and screamed at by this production director, including the typical "Do you know who I am?" "I'm gonna have your job!", and most importantly "Ellen needs this to go off without a hitch and she will more than likely fire me if this doesn't happen the way she wants".

Granted, she could have been lying, but it definitely stuck out in my mind as Ellen being a shitty person to work for, and her staff being overly shitty as well.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote