View Single Post
Old 10-22-2020, 10:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lanfear
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

[QUOTE=Archimedes_Screw;886093]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
There is a good reason I went to the office and said I don’t want to be catholic anymore and now I’m an atheist in the eyes of the state.

This is how you have to do it in Germany.

Holy shit that is intense.
It's a stupid bureaucratic thing - they had to get somebody from the office next door in to 'witness' me declaring I want to be an atheist. So silly but it felt great - I did that in my early 20s and I still vividly remember it. Also laughed a lot at the local Protestant church sending me letters afterwards pretending to care about me being a member of the community when they've never even seen me before.

Obviously did it because I don't believe in religion and it felt really good to set up a regular donation to a cat shelter to give that money to a better cause.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote