View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 08:59 AM   #14 (permalink)
Lanfear
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
I feel like that is avoiding the truth for what you want. I can’t live that way. I don’t think I’m being pessimistic. If I’m thinking vaccination is going to be complete by January and it’s not I’ll be more sad than hearing we are looking at the second quarter. I also feel in other countries you might have a better chance. With 74 million Americans voted for Trump I’m not hopeful those will get the vaccine quickly if available. Can’t reach herd threshold without those ass holes!
The estimates I've seen for Germany are claiming ~9 months until a reasonable approximation for herd immunity.
Which makes sense because giving the shots takes time because it needs to be safely administered so you can't just line up people and stab them and it's two doses.

But once we get the frontline/essential workers taken care off first things will get safer fast.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote