View Single Post
Old 11-25-2020, 07:47 PM   #24 (permalink)
Scorpion
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
I don't think we realistically can start vaccinations before January
I work with a guy who's dad is a MD. He is scheduled to get his first shot of the vaccine Jan. 10th. It comes in two doses. I don't know when the second shot is. But that means front line workers are getting there shots starting January.

Hard to say when it will be available to the public. Depends on a lot of things but I know pharmacies are already ordering it. Also, it's going to be hard to distribute. According to this guys father the vaccine has to be stored at -70F, obviously it is warmed before injection but it doesn't have much of a self life above that temp. For industrialized nations this wont be that much of an issue. Other nations even China and India that is industrialized has large rural areas where this is a problem.

I don't know of the vaccines that are coming out how many have similar issues. Hopefully, this will change so it can be more widely available.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote