View Single Post
Old 12-19-2020, 12:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Bucho
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Fuck yeah, an early Christmas present!

Adam's not wrong that there was a bunch of research reported on a couple of months ago suggesting that kids older than 1 and younger than 12 were much less affected by the coronavirus than adults, and thus less likely to spread it among themselves and to adults, which is why many were ok with reopening schools as one of the first steps to cranking things back toward "normal". Research also came out around that time suggesting that with precautions in place non-long haul air travel could be relatively safe too. I heard about this research via sources like the BBC, Axios, The Economist and The Guardian, which are hardly hubs for right-wing propaganda, so I figured they're probably pretty legit.

Because of my Kiwi privilege I haven't kept up with those things in the last few weeks, so maybe in this ever-changing world shit's switched on me in the meantime, but that's why Adam was making a lot more sense to me at the start of this episode than Craig was.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote