View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 03:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
Scorpion
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
Rod, just to update you:

I was born in Poland and spend my first 12 years there.
Than I learned that we are actually of German descent enough that my parents could move to Germany and become German.
Polish was my first language.
In Germany people from Eastern Europe were, especially in the past seen as less valuable people. Like “ we don’t want to rent you this apartment, we don’t want to hire you, we don’t want you here, don’t speak your strange language in public ” less valuable.

Polish women had it “better” because some German men wanted to marry them because they “knew their place, liked to cook and looked pretty.”

When I was younger I experienced discrimination.
Now with the education I have, the german Mr Apia husband, and my bitchy attitude I don’t.

And right wing Germans concentrate on other immigrants to hate now, the once who look less European.
Thanks for sharing and remember the forums isn't a place where you have to "have a point". Sharing is good and it's a pretty open forums. You can even shit on Keith and he is okay with it. Come to think of it the Steelers didn't win the superbowl this year any more than the Lions. hmmm...

I'm sure if a having a point was important half my posts and all of Bucho's would be deleted and what fun would that be?!

HA, check me out putting in one post for multiple responses. Keeping the forums count down saves on the file size of the forums, look at me saving KaTG money! yeah me!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote