View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 01:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Scorpion
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
I think its extremely weird to teach professional gymnastics to kids. And creepy.

But I go even further and think that professional sports for little kids is always somehow wrong.
It seems to me that this view point often comes from the viewers disinterest in the afore mentioned activity.

Teaching children music is weird and creepy! Why would you want to sit with a child and study their every move like that? so creepy...

Teaching children dance at such a young age, ooh so creepy!

What? you can't tell me that child really wants to learn chess at that age. That teacher must be some kind of creep.

I saw this kid cooking these complicated meals, that poor child. The parents must be abusing them for them to want to cook at such a young age.

The fact is children have a wide range of interests and will, if given the chance, often try many different things they see adults doing. It may seem fun or interesting at the moment. Sometimes the child shows continued interest and wants to keep doing it and get better and better. Most of the time they move on to another thing. Many times it's the adults that discourage the child from trying "adult" things. There is nothing creepy about teaching a child a thing. Sometimes creeps find ways to be around children. That itself has nothing to do with the thing or the child, it's the creep.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote