View Single Post
Old 04-24-2021, 09:15 PM   #158 (permalink)
andsoitgoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sex_n_diamonds View Post
I think I made peace of not going home for the holidays back in August, when I realized that my family and I are on opposite sides politically around the pandemic (my sister in law even attended an anti-masker rally...). One thing I was really looking forward to is getting together, in small groups, with friends for the holidays, as we were allowed to gather in groups of up to 6 during the summer months and early fall.

The province of BC, where I live, announced that we're prohibited from gathering for holidays. Right now, we're allowed to interact only with the people we live, be it in public or private spaces.

Sucks but I get it. I just can't seem to find a way to cheer up and enjoy the holidays. I live with just my partner and the dog. I dont know how to make Christmas and New Year special when it will just be us at home, and I cook on the daily. I worry that this will end up feeling just like any regular night and I really need some (even if forced) joy this season.

So... what are you guys doing to celebrate this year and make it feel special even in lockdown? Need ideas that aren't "cook a festive meal" or "make holiday decorations" that internet keeps spewing out at me.
Hey neighbor. What a blast from the past seeing your name pop up. I had to think about where I remembered it and then I did. Man. Brings me back to some really fun times.

Hope you are doing okay, maybe one of these days when this insanity is over we can get together and I dunno just exist. At least I have my vaccine so that’s something.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote