View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 04:13 PM   #38 (permalink)
Scorpion
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
I don’t believe Keith was out of line because she was on the show to promote a documentary where she discusses transitioning. If her next special were just jokes about hot pockets and she’s on to promote that then it would be inappropriate.

You don’t get to ask EVERY comedian who happens to be trans what’s in their pants, which I don’t think Keith does.

Edit: and at the same time she’s not obligated to discuss it. I laughed at her response to “google it”. NAH
Also... she could be less angry about it. She could just say "I'm not comfortable talking about the medical procedure itself as I'm not a trained medical professional but I'm glad to talk about what it was like for me both physically and emotionally." I think there is room for respect both ways and I think Keith backed off when he should have, he wasn't aggressive about it or a dick or anything. That is I think Keith was respectful and she could have been a little more respectful. I also have sympathy for her in that she probably gets ambushed a lot and harshly.

I also give her some blame in that, as others have pointed out, she came on the show having done nothing to prepare. I doubt she listened to a single minute of any of the 3,400+ episodes.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote