View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 01:27 PM   #58 (permalink)
rodimusprime
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyNattoRoll View Post
Julia's publicist should have sent over a list of questions or subject matters that were off the table to Keith and Chemda. That would have also alerted Keith and Chemda that maybe this guest wouldn't be a good fit for the show. Rod nailed it when he said in Last Week that when he's asked to be on a different podcast, he listens to some of their episodes to see if it's a good fit for his brand and has found several where it clearly was not. Neither Julia or her publicist did their homework, while Keith and Chemda clearly did.
What I find odd is that Chemda asked VERY similar questions and Julia didn't get offended. At least she didn't seem to be. I really think she just did not fuck with Keith as the "bad cop" interviewer. Keith dropped off the line and it was like "Boom! Let's talk about surgery, death and cancer." Keith's internet comes back and it's like "Oh no not this guy again!"

Keith also diffuses tension with humor a lot. And he's not afraid of the uncomfortableness (not a word) that comes with that. And to some people that feels like hostility or bullying. We've listened to thousands of episodes of Keith and know the deal. But if someone isn't a fan or hasn't listened before I can see how they'd take it as hostility.

It's really just a shame. I haven't gotten to the letter her publicist wrote yet. I'm listening to that episode now.

What? It's my week off I'm not allowed to listen later than everyone else? Leave me alone!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote