View Single Post
Old 06-17-2021, 10:39 AM   #93 (permalink)
Scorpion
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslingeneva View Post
I'm not sure how much work folks here have done around transphobia and other isms but leading Trans scholars and thought leaders (Janet Mock to name one) have fully asserted asking about a trans persons genitals is transphobic. Hell it is even in GLAAD's basic guidelines on how to be an ally. Yes the guest was trash, but the casual transphobia when you consider the rate that trans black are murdered every year is abysmal. I've been rocking with y'all for a loooong time. VIP almost from the get go. I cancelled my membership today when I realized "Why am I giving money to a straight white men who is so cavalier about his allyship when there are so many queer/poc podcasts I can support? I appreciate all the years of funny and I hope this latest gambit got you all more VIP subscriptions, but I am out.
You’re justifying your viewpoint by ignoring an important point. Kieth asked if he could ask questions about the surgery, she said yes without any qualification. Then she was offended. Keith was sensitive about the subject and asked permission to talk about it. That’s not transphobic.

Again to the point he doesn’t ask this question generally to transpeople but this person has a movie about Joe their life changed with this surgery.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote