Thread: 66: M’Kay!
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2021, 04:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Apia resurrected
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsy View Post
The cycle I'm bored with is getting bored with a person. It's like a disease there is a cure for. And to me, boredom is akin to death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can see that. But there is absolutely a cure for that.

I know the feeling. Maybe not the frequency but I know it.
Before my current relationship I thought:

Hm, I know I want to have kids. But how can it work, I don’t want to be a single mother, and so after 2 years I’m bored with my partner.
( I know for some the answer would be try poly, but that was before poly was in and also I think poly seems like it’s own challenge)

I asked myself what I really want in a partner long term and I’ve found it. And, important I learned not to look for the excitement and new energy in my relationship but to enjoy the stability. Lots of the excitement comes from work.
Really trying in a hard field gives me rather too much excitement. Its very stressful. It’s like going to a fight every day and being happy to be at home again and having emotional stability.
It doesn’t have to be work, maybe it’s your art?
For others it’s working out and challenging themselves there maybe with marathons or something.
My advise is, if you want to change the cycle, look for excitement and challenge somewhere else in your life. Other people can only give it to you for a limited time. And another plus, you will improve and grow in the field you put your energy in. And no break up will take it away.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote