View Single Post
Old 11-27-2021, 11:31 AM   #10 (permalink)
Piscean
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The hospitals really want to push the drugs.

I broke both bones (tib/fib) in my lower leg and needed surgery. After leaving the OR, they took me to a room for the night. Nurse came in the next morning and started fiddling with the pain med system. I finally asked, "What are you doing?" She said, "I'm trying to fix this for you, it's not working." She figured it wasn't working because the morphine level wasn't going down. I let her know I wasn't pushing the button because I didn't feel I needed it. She instantly hit the button a few times to drug me against my wishes.

A few hours later they were going to discharge me. Doctor came in and gave me a prescription for pain pills. I said I would fill it, knowing full well I wouldn't. They wouldn't let me check out until I took at least 1 pill in front of them.

They actively worked to push that shit on me. And yeah, a broken leg, and then surgery to run a rod through the bone was painful. But I never felt like the pain was more than I could manage.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote