View Single Post
Old 12-14-2021, 03:24 PM   #38 (permalink)
bag of lazers

JFC just go be a terrorist already

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordcharonmir View Post
Also breaking news...CALI now invoking civil lawsuits for the legal ownership of "assault rifles" with a 10k bounty to any citizen who sues another citizen. This is known as unconstitutional as well as McCarthyism.

Nope. It's for "...gun manufacturers, distributors, and sellers of assault weapons or ghost gun kits." Which is an excellent idea, because mass shootings are, and I don't know how you missed this, bad.

Quote:
I have a riddle for our Cali Boy - What is a mandatory precursor for slavery and tyranny?

If you answered disarm the populace you win! A pretty key reason for the right to bear arms in British Common Law that was adapted to become America's 2A.
Nope. This is an old lie that gun manufacturers use to get you to buy their products. If it were true, most governments would be totalitarian states by now, since no one has the lack of gun restrictions that we do. What we see across Europe, etc are governments much more responsive to the needs and demands of their citizens than in the US. So much for that.

Politicians use that old lie to fire up their ignorant, paranoid base about the impending "evil gun grabbin' commie takeover" just around the corner, even though every leftist victory I can think of has been an armed peoples' struggle.

The reason for the 2A was because we didn't have a real military yet. Are you a member of a "well regulated militia"? No? Then you have no right to bear arms. No one does. It's only through judicial activism and gun manufacturer lobbying that anyone believes in the comically-wrong-on-its-face conservative interpretation. All you have to do is read the damn thing. Thing is, even if the 2A actually said what ammosexuals pretend it did, so what? It's quite obvious where that has led us. It would have been a very bad idea.

Quote:
Before the "....but...but cuz Texas did it" rebuttal; abortion is not covered as a right in the constitution thus it can be legislated at a state level, the constitutional rights are above and inalienable by state law.
The right to an abortion was settled in Roe v. Wade, like how gun rights have been largely settled by other cases. While legislation has been used to chip away at women's right to bodily autonomy in order to please a magical man who lives in the sky, that right is protected (but not for long). That's why these challenges keep coming to the Supreme Court. Liberals don't want human beings to violently die for no good reason vs. conservatives who want to be able to kill people en masse and protect the "lives" of pre-humans to please an ancient desert god.

Know what though? I've been thinking I need to buy a gun fairly soon anyway. After all, there's too many people like you running around out here. We're headed for a nationwide Irish Troubles type situation and I don't like the idea of being unarmed during that. I haven't bought one yet because statistically it's much more likely that me or someone close to me will be hurt or killed rather than anything good happening.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote