View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 10:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
thirteen
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

When I was 14 or 15, I worked at McDonald's.

Does anyone remember the Chicken McGrill? A lady came in and wanted a brown bun instead of white. I made note of it and let the kitchen bois know. We weren't able to enter it into the system at the time; people were generally very into white bread.

I gave her the meal. She came back and started yelling at me about how I screwed up the order and that she absolutely had to have the brown bun, not white. She then grabbed my wrist, trying to pull me towards her (although there was a counter and cash register between us) and started yelling some more.

The manager happened to be one of the seniors at my high school, so we had a bit of a rapport with each other. He ran over and told her to take her hands off of me.

I was shook but got over it eventually.

I also had a countless number of men ask me to smile.

Anyway, fast food is another one of those jobs that I think everyone should do at some point in their lives, hopefully when they're young and resilient.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote