View Single Post
Old 02-15-2022, 10:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
Bucho
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

This one takes me BACK. The second ep of KATG I ever heard was #182, back when Chemda was skyping in from the road like some kind of G-d dang rock star!

EDIT: Just checked back on that show and this is in the notes:
Foreshadowing: Chemda recaps her tour so far, where she played in a hippie town whose water is laced with lithium (and whose residents offer people weed, though Chemda doesn't smoke) - how times have changed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpareBen View Post
I agree about Don't Look Up winning. People who want to think they're smart love this movie.
I dunno bro, from what I've seen and heard it's the people who want to think they're smart who have sticks up their asses about Don't Look Up, acting like they're too clever for this goofy comedy by wanking on about the satire being "too obvious". As if satires that're considered classics like Dr Strangelove and Spinal Tap weren't super fucking obvious!

Also, the Academy is famous for turning up its nose at comedies - especially anything as broad, straight and mainstream as Don't Look Up. Like superhero movies, they're pretty much never even nominated - let alone winners - so if Don't Look Up wins it'll have bucked a major trend and mean the Academy has somehow gotten off their high horse when it comes to goofy comedies.

Last edited by Bucho; 02-15-2022 at 10:53 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote