View Single Post
Old 03-29-2022, 03:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
starscream
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I saw Contagion when it came out, and loved it, and somebody asked me in April 2020 if this was like Contagion I said it was more like that episode or er where the virus gets loose in the hospital and they have to quarantine everyone. Which I really only said because the death rate in Contagion is so much higher than anything we've experienced since the Bubonic Plague. Then I watched it again like a year ago and saw all the things that wouldn't have made any impact on me (or anyone not in that particular field) then but were so familiar now. But isn't that just good research? I mean, all these terms exist for a reason and we just finally had the reason to hear them all. And the death rate in that movie is still so much higher, which drives a lot of the actions people take. Actually going through it probably shows that the death rate didn't have to be that high to get to that point. We're close enough to collapse as it is.

Anyway, Contagion is great no matter when you see it, whether you want to see it as prophetic or simply well thought out.

Also, Steven Soderbergh (the director) was on WTF last year sometime talking about it, and he said the only thing they didn't get right was how many people would be anti-vaccination.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote