View Single Post
Old 03-31-2022, 07:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jerlyn
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I can't believe I signed on to write this long ass reply

I was wondering whether how you (Chemda and Keith) process things now because of having therapy, and not knowing where Jada is in that process is different. You're also comparing how you're processing this who may not have shared experiences. You do get sponsored by Better Help, so just consider might have to give people grace on that one.*

As women, we handle those situations differently. I most likely won't deal well if my hair falls out in the shower unexpectedly but might be ok shaving my own head bald. Lol it's more than losing her hair and I get it, y'all ain't Black. Jada has been vocal about how this has affected her and if he wrote those jokes, he would have done due diligence to look it up, or his team. It's not a good joke.

Expectations to behave in specific ways are what got this situation as viral as it is because people do this shit all the time.

I'm certainly aligned that he assaulted someone so violence is never the answer. Anytime a man is put in a position to defend a woman it usually ends up badly. He was laughing at first and probably looked over and realized how it was affecting her. Rapists and abusers have been getting Oscars forever so, taking away his Oscar is gonna do what? It's laughable that the Oscars have anything to say. A rich person slapping another rich*person? Um K...

Again, Chris Rock's joke wasn't funny. He's making a joke about someone's appearance. Wouldn't it benefit to actually make a joke that everyone there found funny instead of the expense of a woman's look? A woman who he had issues with in the past (when Jada didn't attend years*ago when they had #OscarsSoWhite). It's like he took the opportunity to single her out? I don't get it. Jada's bald? Um K, you had a platform to say this? This isn't the only 2 times when he has had commentary on Will and Jada. They have been making it slide.

In Will's biography, he spoke about not being able to protect his mom from his father. I'm not asking you to consider that but, just pointing out nuances. I'll stand by protecting Black women. This whole thing is embarrassing but is just too gray to have a single side right now and there are nuances you aren't covering. Who is the "judge" in this especially when Chris Rock himself talks about "good ass-whooping." He also did a documentary on HAIR! He should know better! Chris Rock also is one of those comedians who allows other white comedians to say the N-Word. So there's lots of no respect here already.

BTW, I'm also a Kickstarter backer 2022! Why isn't this updated ? Didn't I back a few more years than this?!

Last edited by Jerlyn; 03-31-2022 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Quick update/Sidenote
(Offline)   Reply With Quote