View Single Post
Old 04-07-2022, 07:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
shoebootie
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I thought it was really timely that it was Asexuality Day, and the paper I had just cited KATG as a source (re: silent retreat) had mentioned asexuality as being a valid lifestyle that should be respected and not thought of as odd.

I can admit that I don't get it - I respect that choice even if I don't particularly understand it. But I come from a place of wanting to understand people's experiences. I have a friend, one of Mr. Bootie's closest friends, who I think is asexual. Mr. Bootie thinks his choice to be alone has to do with trauma from testicular cancer as an adolescent, but I think it's demeaning to have to ascribe some sort of handicap to the choice to be alone. He's happy now, that's what matters.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote