View Single Post
Old 08-17-2022, 08:10 AM   #10 (permalink)
bluenova

Danny is like those new parents who think they will never feed their kids junk food or their house will never become a mess with kid's toys. Part of why I find it so unbelievable that he thinks parents need to put their kids first well into adult hood is that he READS AITA!! There are NUMEROUS stories of shitty adult children screwing over and taking advantage of their parents. Also, so many stories about parents who created incompetent adults or fuck up their adult kid's relationships because they are treating their adult offspring like children. For someone who is in that reddit frequently, he's painting a very black and white mentality when in reality there are a lot of variables.

My problem with the parents having to pay their daughters rent is that is NOT equal to letting their kids live with them. The financial cost of paying for someone to live separately from you than with you is much higher. The kid is also now getting MORE in other ways because they don't have roommates, can have people over whenever, do what they want, and not have the pain of being an adult living with your parents.

The parents definitely should acknowledge it sucks that the youngest doesn't get that convenience, but unless it was specifically promised then that's the unfortunate reality of life. I was in college before multiple computers and cellphones were a thing. My siblings got them in middle school. Am I going to demand my parents buy me things as an adult because of equality or because they need to take care of me for life? No, but if they try to claim they raised us equally I'm gonna shut that shit down.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote