View Single Post
Old 08-21-2022, 04:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
Svage
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlp View Post
And with Newsy not liking having to deal with people/rules changing-I bet that happens all the damn time-especially when having to deal with government regulations. I think he’d be fine painting walls but anything else-it’ll be more annoying plus dealing with the harassment for being gay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe not so much having to deal with government regulations but more dealing with power tripping inspectors who think they know the code better than you do. I for example know the Uniform Plumbing Code, I'm trained in it and you could say I specialize in it. The inspector that comes around to inspect my work doesn't specialize in the UPC, they know enough about every code used to do the job, be it the mechanical code, architectural code, etc.

Sometimes they'll be hard asses and say no it needs to be done like this because of the code, and I'll be like right... but the code also says I can do this and it's perfectly legal. But because some of them can't handle being challenged, that's when it's a problem. I've seen whole piping systems have to be ripped out and put back in on account of the inspector being a Richard.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote