View Single Post
Old 09-27-2022, 10:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
mxmalloryjane

Officially outing myself as a reality/competition tv freak. Please don't judge me. No one asked for the following takes, but here we are.

I think y'all did a good job at honing in on potential top contenders for Dancing with the Stars. I voted that Chemda would win the bet cause she chose Gabby without knowing that Gabby just came off of being the Bachelorette, and Reality TV America LOVES Gabby right now because she’s hot and weird (“insane”), annnnd it helps that she actually can dance.

Chemda, love your thoughts around what kind of gay shit is acceptable on these shows because last year Dancing with the Stars had their first same sex partnering and SURPRISE! it was two women! Cause if it’s gonna be gay, at least let the audience fetishize it in some way.

Rod, I think you're totally onto the redemption narratives that the Masked Singer could provide, and I think that’s kinda the point of the show? They either have people who are known but not currently super relevant, or people trying to do some reputation rehab. Both Rudy Giuliani and Sarah Palin tried, and while it didn’t work so well for them, I agree it could for Will Smith.

Ok, gonna excuse myself before I'm shunned for my trash tv knowledge.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote